ITM 720 Blog

Monday, January 22, 2007

Spades

While Kudos is very easy to pick up... Spades is a little more complex. It's controls are easy, as I previously mentioned it's point and click, but it has rules that you have to remember and get used to. Spades isn't that hard to play once you understand the overall concept and basic rules, which aren't hard to grasp if you have played other card games.

Here's some things I made note of today:

1. Partners: I've witnessed some really great chemistry between people... or maybe it's cheating, but some people really seem to play well together. I guess if you play with someone for a while you both find a niche, maybe one person makes the big plays, while the pther person tends to play safe. Since me and my partner have been playing for only a week, it's a little harder to create that sort of rapport.

2. Challenge: I like that the games can be challenging -- if you are playing some great players. And at the same time easy --- if you are playing noobs. Also you really have to think and concentrate while playing (at least I do... and take risks/chances, bigger bids!)

3. Unpredictability: I like that the games can be unpredictable, espeically if you are playing with three other players you never played with before. You neevr know how the game will turn out.

4. Happy: I won a game. I'm glad i finally won a game. Also me and my partner managed to beat a higher level opponenet, which felt good since we're noobs.

5. Addiction?: No, I'm not addicted to this game. It's fun and all, but I can easily walk away and ocntinue my life. If it weren't for this project I would not play this game so often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home